genmcf548x patches

Tue Apr 17 17:05:02 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 11:58 AM, Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is some years ago I added these specific lines. Background is (as far
> as I remember):
>
> - that the MCF54xx context switch code avoids swapping out the FPU (or
> FPU-like) registers, if this is not needed
>
> - access to the FPU is enabled/disabled using a specific bit in the
> Cache(!) Control register CACR
>
> - RTEMS creates classic init tasks with FPU disabled (?) but POSIX tasks
> implicitly have FPU enabled, since they do not have the corresponding
> task attribute
>
> - ADA (which is used on this target) uses a POSIX task for initialization.
>
> Joel is right, there should be a general query to detect this situation.
> My current code is at least sub-optimal.
Thanks. I suspected much of the above.

I need to make the routine return false on configurations without
hardware FP, document it, and test it. Unfortunately, I think this
will take at least two tests. One for POSIX and one for Classic.

--joel

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985