libbsd: UCRED(9) and other security stuff

Wed Apr 18 13:13:03 UTC 2012

On 04/18/2012 08:02 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do we want to implement the UCRED(9) API and other security related
> mechanisms?  Do we need per task/process credentials?  Other options are to
> allow everything from everyone inside the system or to add a global credentials
> structure that is used for everything.

Jennifer and I were leaning to stubbing this type of
functionality out for now in a way that allowed everything
for everyone.  That lets everything work now.

If we want to support it later, then it is (hopefully) a nice
discrete project which doesn't fan out like a spider web.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985