libbsd: rtems-bsd-subr.c and rtems-bsd-cyclecount.c

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 18 14:16:31 UTC 2012

On 04/18/2012 04:05 PM, Jennifer Averett wrote:
> I made a seperate file on the rtems-bsd-subr.c  because I didn't know if we would end
> up adding more thatn one routine in there by the time it works correctly and I feared putting
> it in the bsd file would make it too cluttered and harder to track.   However,  I can move
> the code into the bsd file if that is what is decided.

We already use some functions of this module like uiomove().  My rule of thumb
was to either keep the module and make changes in it or remove the module
completely and add a separate implementation like rtems-bsd-mutex.c.

> The cyclecount method is in a board dependent file (cpu.h) which was defined to be an
> empty file for us.  Would it be better to put it into the file we defined as empty and make
> it an RTEMS defined file?

Yes, this is one of the machine include files.  Please remove cpu.h from the
empty header file list and add an RTEMS machine file for it, e.g. like

rtemsbsd/freebsd/machine/runq.h

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de