Documentations

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Apr 30 12:12:29 UTC 2012

I don't think we have such a thing for the "kernel" code, and the
developer base probably is not large enough to warrant the effort to
make one.

A lot of that knowledge is in developer heads. Some of it leaches out
to documentation. Some of it can be gleaned from the doxygen [1].
Otherwise you can ask specific questions here and we will try to give
specific answers. :)

I can't think of anywhere else you could find useful documentation.
The code base is not big so unlike Linux you can reasonably go and
start figuring it out yourself with a little guidance.

I saw your email in the other list and if you are interested in kernel
hacking / BSP development then I would suggest you use the current
development head (which we are calling 4.11). While it is possible to
add BSPs and backport BSPs to prior releases of RTEMS they are much
harder to get accepted for inclusion and less likely to be maintained.
Your efforts will be much more rewarded by using the development head.

-Gedare

[1] http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/cpukit/html/