Documentations

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Apr 30 14:27:27 UTC 2012

Generally speaking we try to keep the development version in a state
that can build and run. The main reason to use a release version is to
work on production code. I advise all research and new development be
done with the Git head.

For scheduling in particular I would encourage you to use the
development head since it contains improvements to the modular
scheduling framework made in the last year. You can read a little more
about the modular scheduler in RTEMS at [1] and [2]. The scheduler has
changed somewhat since I wrote those posts but they still make a
decent introduction. I believe the C User Manual contains some other
details about the scheduler as well including the additional EDF and
CBS schedulers.

-Gedare

[1] http://gedare-csphd.blogspot.com/2010/11/rtems-modular-task-scheduler.html
[2] http://gedare-csphd.blogspot.com/2010/12/rtems-adding-new-scheduler.html