GSOC 2012

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Apr 3 15:18:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Sudeep Singh <sudeep495 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am fifth year dual degree(bachelors+masters) student in computer science
> at Indian Insitute of Technology, Kharagpur .  I am interested in the
> project listed on the Ideas Page.
> 1.Update the RTEMS TCP/IP stack
> 2. POSIX FIFO implementation

We already have one or more students looking at the TCP/IP stack work.
I don't know if we will be able to divide the work very well beyond
that. I'm not familiar enough with the POSIX FIFO implementation
testing project to comment on that. However it seems you would need to
be able to run the coverage analysis tools in order to be successful,
so getting those tools working [1] would be a good place to start.

> I have a good background in Operating Systems and have done courses in
> Operating Systems, and Real Time Systems along with Laboratory component.
>
> Kindly let me know how shall I proceed ?

Go through our SOC page [2] which should include some instructions and
directions. Do the hello world / getting started material and start to
work on your proposal. For the specific project ideas that interest
you, you will need to develop the idea from the project description
into a proposal. At this point it is somewhat late to be starting
(with only a few days to the deadline) but if you work hard you might
be able to put together a strong enough proposal.

-Gedare

[1] http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMS_Test_Coverage
[2] http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMSSummerOfCode