genmcf548x patches

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 17 16:58:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

it is some years ago I added these specific lines. Background is (as far
as I remember):

- that the MCF54xx context switch code avoids swapping out the FPU (or
FPU-like) registers, if this is not needed

- access to the FPU is enabled/disabled using a specific bit in the
Cache(!) Control register CACR

- RTEMS creates classic init tasks with FPU disabled (?) but POSIX tasks
implicitly have FPU enabled, since they do not have the corresponding
task attribute

- ADA (which is used on this target) uses a POSIX task for initialization.

Joel is right, there should be a general query to detect this situation.
My current code is at least sub-optimal.

wkr,

Thomas.

Am 17.04.2012 09:30, schrieb Sebastian Huber:
> Hi,
>
> why do we need this special case for initialization tasks?

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9