rtems-libbsd - Resolving static_hints undefined

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Apr 19 12:10:52 UTC 2012

This is related to device hints:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/device-hints.html

The big question is: Do we need the resource API?  For the USB stack I could
avoid this, but to use the FreeBSD network interface drivers I think we need
them.  In RTEMS the hints and resources have to be provided by the BSP.  We
have to evaluate this thoroughly.

On 04/18/2012 07:35 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> sys/systm.h has this which is used by subr_hints.c
>
> extern char static_hints[]; /* by config for now */
>
> Is this normally in some generated code in FreeBSD?
>
> Any thoughts on where we should declare it?

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de