libbsd: TIMEOUT(9)

Thu Apr 19 13:22:47 UTC 2012

On 04/19/2012 04:49 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the current TIMEOUT(9) implementation "rtems-bsd-callout.c" lacks a proper
> implementation of the timeout() function.
rtems-bsd-timeout.c:timeout(ftn, arg, to_ticks)

Does this need to be merged into rtems-bsd-callout.c?

Admittedly, it is currently empty. :)

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=timeout
>
> We currently evaluate a new TIMEOUT(9) implementation so please notify me if
> someone else works on this topic.

What do you have in mind?

If you are committing to implementing something in the next
couple of weeks, that would be awesome. It is on our todo list
and that would free us to work on something else. There are
still unresolved symbols to address.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985