Thank you very much...

yangwei weiyang wei.a.yang at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:40:43 UTC 2012

Hi all :

My project is "atomic operation support for RTEMS". Its goal is to
define and implement the atomic primitives for RTEMS which completely
support multiprocessor systems. If the time is enough i will also
implement additional synchronization primitives for the SMP systems.
In order to debug RTEMS easily on the SMP system i will prefer to use
the x86 architecture, and PowerPC is also my alternative architecture.
Recently the ISO C11 specifications contain a new set of atomic types
and operations which is supported by GCC 4.7.0 as a set of built-in
functions. So using the C11 atomic operations is a perferred solution
as a long-term development. But now its implementation is not stable
enough so we can design a very thin atomic primitives API for RTEMS
internal which wraps other reference implementation as a starting
point. The API should be compatible with C11 atomic primitives
definition as far as possible. In my proposal[1] i compared three
design and implementations(Linux Kernel, NetBSD kernel, FreeBSD
kernel) of atomic operations each of which has its advantages and
disadvantages. In my opinion i will refer the FreeBSD kernel
implementation. If you have any comment about this point please tell
me. At the end of this summer i will implement the atomic operation
API design and its implementations, with the needed test case.  If you
have any good advice and comment please reply. Thanks!

--
Wei Yang
Best Regards

wei.a.yang at gmail.com