GCC Version Questions

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 27 09:32:36 UTC 2012

On 04/27/2012 03:22 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> And why is arm-rtems NOT eabi yet?
> ?!?
>
> As mentioned several times before, with GCC-4.7.0, Upstream GCC abandoned all
> "arm" targets and now is only supporting "arm-*eabi*" target.

So why do we still ship these obsolete so called arm-elf target?  The RTEMS
users had several months to investigate this issue.  The wiki page

http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/ARM-EABI

is from 2011-06-29.  The first mail on the list about this topic

http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-users/2010-December/007730.html

is from 2010-12-03.

This arm-elf has no future.  This arm-elf and arm-eabi are no alternatives.
The arm-elf is dead.  Users have to use arm-eabi if they want to use a recent
tool chain.

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de