[GSoC] Defining Memory for MMU page tables at CSB337

Hesham Moustafa heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 12:52:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

I want to define memory for page tables at CSB337 BSP.

The following is quoted from lincmds.csb337

MEMORY {
SDRAM_MMU : ORIGIN = 0x20100000, LENGTH = 16k
SDRAM : ORIGIN = 0x20104000, LENGTH = 15M - 16k
SRAM : ORIGIN = 0x00200000, LENGTH = 16k
NIRVANA : ORIGIN = 0, LENGTH = 0
}

That only allocate page table for level 1 page table which is 16 k ( each
entry represents 1M page of memory). I'd like to add level 2 page tables to
represent 4k pages. A level-2 page table consists of 256 entry and consumes
1K of memory and its base address is installed at level-1 page table entry.

The question is what's the proper size of level-2 page tables to reserve
from memory and what should be its base address (ORIGIN) to be written at
that linker script ?

Thanks,
Hesham