Git Cleanup and Unfreezing

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Aug 6 18:42:31 UTC 2012

On 08/06/2012 07:30 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 08/06/2012 12:16 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 08/06/2012 07:07 PM, Thomas Doerfler wrote:
>>> Hi,

Joel, provide the names of those who decided to revert these changes.

>>> I have clearly voted to revert the commits in question,
>> ... and I replied to you, trying to explain that all of your remarks do
>> not apply.
> So any discussion was after the fact? With no time for thoughtful
> analysis? This decision should have had a long list of questions
> and answers and plenty of time to answer them.
Well, I am not commenting one details of patches addressing domains, I
do not understand, but accept them as "the maintainer will know what he
is doing". Now you are so bold to be wanting force me to discuss patches
with the "clueless comments" from the mob"? Pardon, but this is
laughable - Each person has his domains, mine are the autotools, yours
are elsewhere.

> BEFORE it was committed.
See above.

>>> since the
>>> rational behind adding the generated files to GIT is questionable to me
>>> and needs discussion (which did not yet occur).
>> ... I did not reply to everybody, because I am currently on holyday and
>> currently only infrequently read email and also do not see much sense in
>> repeating myself in a fruitless shitsstorm initiated by people who do
>> not want to understand.
> IMO That reflects even worse on your judgement in committing this.
This change was not any different from hundreds of similar patches I had
commited over the 15 years+, I had contributed to RTEMS.

> Even if we had discussed and agreed on this, the timing was horrible.
> You were unavailable to address any problems accidentally caused.
Which? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Ralf