Git Cleanup and Unfreezing

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Tue Aug 7 13:10:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Am 07.08.2012 09:30, schrieb Sebastian Huber:
> On 08/06/2012 07:00 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 08/06/2012 06:37 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The general consensus has been to remove the generated
>>> files from the repo.
>>
>> Whose decision? Please give the each individual's names.
>
> I was never in favor of adding such a huge bunch of generated files to
> the repository.  I was also in favor of removing the relevant commits.
>
> There are points for and against adding these files.  The key point is
> that the majority of core RTEMS developers don't like them in the
> repository.

Just for the records: _my_ key point is, that such a huge change should
have been discussed in detail BEFORE it were applied.

If such a change is in an area, where only one developer has the full
overview concerning the pros and cons, this developer should share his
knowledge and accept questions to convince the community.

wkr,

Thomas.

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler