symbols with mutiple sizes in coverage runs

Krzysztof Mięsowicz krzysztof.miesowicz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 04:45:43 UTC 2012

> Can you provide the configuration you are
> getting this in and any details that may
> help me reproduce this?
>
> I have qemu from couverture, version 0.15.50.
My analysis configuration was as follow:

BSP:                   pc386
Target:                i386-rtems4.11
Compiler version:      i386-rtems4.11-gcc (GCC) 4.7.1 20120614 (RTEMS
gcc-4.7.1-3.el6/newlib-1.20.0-10.el6)
do_optimize_size:      no
Optimization Level:    -O2
POSIX Enabled:         no
Core Configuration     yes
Developmental Code:    no

Maybe I badly described this problem earlier as symbols haven't multiple
sizes but couple of them have size in bytes equal to one or two when size
in instructions is equal to zero. You can see it in symbolSummary I
attached to this mail. I observed this problem looking at _timespec_xxx
symbols. Some of them are completely covered, but four of them have 1
uncovered range with no instruction within it.
I hope this explain this problem better.

Krzysztof