rtems-libbsd: M68K linkcmds Patches Galore

Kevin Polulak kpolulak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 05:49:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>wrote:

> What I do not know, but you will soon find out, is whether an INCLUDE
> directive can be in a block between a {} pair.

As it turns out, no you can't. It makes ld throw up all over the place. How
wonderful...

Using the "template" method Sebastion did for ARM just isn't possible for
M68K. The memory map is just too different between BSP's. Sure there are a
lot of sections that appear frequently and I was planning on pulling out
just those parts but now I guess that's not possible. I'll do a little more
digging and maybe ask around GNU's IRC channel about whether there's a
directive for just a pure textual substitution. I doubt it though.

I mean, the boards build fine with an inline .robsdsets section, it's just
that it adds to the loads of redundant code. I guess we can talk it over
during this Thursday's meeting.

--
- Kevin Polulak (soh_cah_toa)
- http://cybercrud.net