Google Code In Patches

Thomas Dörfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Mon Dec 10 08:05:16 UTC 2012

Hello,

I can not add something substantial to the technical discussion, but...

On 10.12.2012 08:53, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello Cynthia,
>
> On 12/09/2012 11:08 PM, Cynthia Rempel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> 2. Every time anyone submits a Google Code In patch it receives harsh
>> criticism, which defeats the purpose of encouraging young people to code.
>
> If someone has problems to handle critique, then he should better start
> to learn it now.

Discussing patches is a normal step to improve the code (and
documnetation). But the discussion should always take into account who
is member (or originator) of the discussion.

The GCI program tries to guide young students to open source projects.
Nobody can expect them to be perfect workers, so they need encouragement
even during critique.

So just a few words of encouragement added to a discussing email may
keep them on track and guide them better to a proper result.

Sebastian: the general tone on the RTEMS lists should IMHO opinion be
polite. I am sure you will agree ;-)

wkr,

Thomas.

--