libi2c low-level implementation question again

Claas Ziemke der_stuttgarter_25 at hotmail.de
Tue Dec 11 10:58:12 UTC 2012

> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:40:33 +0100
> From: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
> To: rtems-gsoc at rtems.org; rtems-devel at rtems.org
> Subject: Re: libi2c low-level implementation question again
>
> Hello,

hi sebastian, thx for the quick answer.

> I wrote some drivers for the I2C library, but unfortunately this library is so
> complicated to use that I have to relearn it every time I use it again.  You
> should first read the README file:
>
> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libi2c/README_libi2c

did that already, as advised on ml and documentation. the readme is very good,
but unfortunately it doesnt answer my question.

> Here is a sample driver:
>
> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lpc24xx/i2c/i2c.c
> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lpc24xx/i2c/i2c-config.c

i used these files for the starting point of my implementation, but as i understand the
driver is actually doing what i asked in my question... please correct me if i am wrong.

> I hope this helps a bit.

not really as i already did as you advised... thx anyway... anybody else?