libi2c low-level implementation question again

Claas Ziemke der_stuttgarter_25 at hotmail.de
Tue Dec 11 11:18:14 UTC 2012

sorry sebastian, my email client tricks me everytime to send the mail _not_ to the ml.
but i want to have this publicly archived...

> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:05:14 +0100
> From: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
> To: rtems-devel at rtems.org
> Subject: Re: libi2c low-level implementation question again
>
> On 12/11/2012 11:58 AM, Claas Ziemke wrote:
> >

> >  > Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:40:33 +0100
> >  > From: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
> >  > To: rtems-gsoc at rtems.org; rtems-devel at rtems.org
> >  > Subject: Re: libi2c low-level implementation question again
> >  >
> >  > Hello,
> >  >

> > hi sebastian, thx for the quick answer.
> >
> >  > I wrote some drivers for the I2C library, but unfortunately this library is so
> >  > complicated to use that I have to relearn it every time I use it again. You
> >  > should first read the README file:
> >  >
> >  > http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libi2c/README_libi2c
> >  >

> > did that already, as advised on ml and documentation. the readme is very good,
> > but unfortunately it doesnt answer my question.
> >
> >  > Here is a sample driver:
> >  >
> >  > http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lpc24xx/i2c/i2c.c
> >  > http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lpc24xx/i2c/i2c-config.c
> >  >

> > i used these files for the starting point of my implementation, but as i
> > understand the
> > driver is actually doing what i asked in my question... please correct me if i
> > am wrong.
> >
> >  > I hope this helps a bit.
> >  >

> > not really as i already did as you advised... thx anyway... anybody else?
>
> My impression is that this library was designed with a very particular
> controller in mind.  I remember to use some workarounds for the LPC24XX because
> the framework didn't fit well for this controller.  Maybe you have to do this
> as well.

yes that was my impression too... actually thats kind of good news for me, my
implementation is kind of a workaround, it seems to work, i just wanted to know
if this should be fixed or not. you can review the code as soon as i cleaned it up.