RFT: Debian/Ubuntu toolchain packages

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Dec 11 14:26:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks to some sudden, non-preplanned circumstances, it's just happened
I resurrected and updated the Debian and Ubuntu rtems-4.11 repos and
packages on rtems.org :)

Feel free to give them a try.

More verbose:

* There now are rtems-4.11 toolchain repositories available for
- Debian squeeze-i386/amd64
- Ubuntu precise-i386/amd64
(+ A pulling repository for Ubuntu quantal-i386/amd64, which is pulling
from Ubuntu precise)

Packages addressing discontinued distros (Ubuntu natty, maverick) have
been removed. Unless their should be "really high demand", I do not
intend to add Ubuntu lucid and oneirc, nor "unstable" and "testing"
versions of Debian and Ubuntu.

* The repositories now carry packages for autoconf, automake and
binutils, gcc/newlib, gdb packages for *all* targets currently being
supported by my rpm packages.

* All packages inside have been built from the sources currently being
used for the rpms, using schroots on Fedora 16 and 17.

* To use them,
- add a file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rtems4.11.list
containing this:
deb ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/linux/4.11/debian squeeze rtems4.11

[Replace "debian" with "ubuntu" and "squeeze" with "precise" rsp.
"quantal" for the corresponding Ubuntu distros]

- The packages are signed with my rtems.org GPG key. To make it
available to apt, download the GPG key in
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/linux/gpg-pubkey-69ce4a83-44cc2b30
and add it to your apt-keyring:
apt-key add gpg-pubkey-69ce4a83-44cc2b30

* The packaging is known to have a lot of room for improvements and to
be leaving much to be desired ;)

Final remark: So far, these packages haven't seem much real testing, but
some very basic and rudimentary tests (I.e. almost none). Expect bugs.

Also, I so far consider these packages to be an experiment and am not
sure I'll continue rsp. be able to continue supporting them.

Ralf