Keeping gcc ports live

Cynthia Rempel cynt6007 at vandals.uidaho.edu
Sat Dec 15 02:58:12 UTC 2012

Hi Richard Biener and Robert Dewar,

Thanks for the fast response, I really appreciate it!
I'll look into gcc-testresults for an i386, now that I know it's a requirement to keep a port live.

I compile, and run, RTEMS for the pc386 RTEMS target regularly, so I know the 4.7 cross-compiler does that much, but I'll look into the gcc-testresults suite.

Below are some links that would be helpful for anyone is interested in helping out with a different architecture live on gcc as well.

gcc-testresults for RTEMS
http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/ToolStatus#GCC_Test_Results

gcc-testresults for a cross-compiler
http://gcc.gnu.org/simtest-howto.html

Perhaps gcc-testing could be added to what an intern does to "get started" as part of Google Summer of Code for RTEMS?

What else would be required to keep a target gcc port live?

Thanks,
Cynthia Rempel