GCI Task review: breaking up long lines

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Dec 5 08:49:40 UTC 2012

On 12/05/2012 09:11 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would not start formatting existing code since this makes merges
> between branches much more difficult.  It makes it also more difficult
> to integrate outstanding contributions.
Am I the only one, who is feeling that recent patches were "the getting
started" of such an effort?

> For new code or before major functional changes it might be beneficial
> to reformat existing code.

This would be OK with me, in cases code is genuine and exclusive RTEMS code.

It would not be OK for me in cases, code has other origins (e.g.
mongoose, zlib, BSD etc.).

Corner-case would be the BSPs. Though these are genuine RTEMS, these are
very likely to be shared with works outside of the RTEMS source-tree -
In this case, I'd say "no reformatting ever" unless explictly OK'ed by
its author/submitter.

Ralf