libi2c low-level implementation question again

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Dec 11 11:05:14 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 11:58 AM, Claas Ziemke wrote:

>  > Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:40:33 +0100
>  > From: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
>  > To: rtems-gsoc at rtems.org; rtems-devel at rtems.org
>  > Subject: Re: libi2c low-level implementation question again
>  >
>  > Hello,
>  >

> hi sebastian, thx for the quick answer.
>
>  > I wrote some drivers for the I2C library, but unfortunately this library is so
>  > complicated to use that I have to relearn it every time I use it again. You
>  > should first read the README file:
>  >
>  > http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/libi2c/README_libi2c
>  >

> did that already, as advised on ml and documentation. the readme is very good,
> but unfortunately it doesnt answer my question.
>
>  > Here is a sample driver:
>  >
>  > http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lpc24xx/i2c/i2c.c
>  > http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/lpc24xx/i2c/i2c-config.c
>  >

> i used these files for the starting point of my implementation, but as i
> understand the
> driver is actually doing what i asked in my question... please correct me if i
> am wrong.
>
>  > I hope this helps a bit.
>  >

> not really as i already did as you advised... thx anyway... anybody else?

My impression is that this library was designed with a very particular
controller in mind.  I remember to use some workarounds for the LPC24XX because
the framework didn't fit well for this controller.  Maybe you have to do this
as well.

Phone   : +49 89 18 94 80 741-16
Fax     : +49 89 18 94 80 741-09
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de