[rtems commit] libcsupport: GCI Doxygen Task #7

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Dec 13 15:11:10 UTC 2012

On 12/13/2012 01:31 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I think it makes sense to put comments derived from the POSIX
> specification, but am not opposed to removing the comments and putting
> a pointer to the standard in the file's header.

I am opposed to doing so, for 2 reasons
- on-line docs are volatile (Links may vanish, contents may change, at
any time, without prior notice).
- docs need to be self contained to be easily readable.

That said, it seems common sense to me have explicit descriptions,
which, if necessary, are clearly marked a citations and accompanied by
source references.

Ralf