RFC: PR1922 - empty bullet in html output

Fri Feb 17 19:50:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

http://bugzilla.rtems.org/PR1922

After bouncing some emails with the maintainers, they
agreed this is a bug. But texi2html is deprecated, and
as previously discussed, not likely to be updated in any
distribution. A replacement tool is being written
named texi2any and they are getting close to pre-release
test snapshots.

Eventually texi2any will be common but not for a while
and not included on older distributions.  After discussing our
options, here is what we can do:

+ continue to ignore this. :)
+ post process generated html to remove empty bullet
     with some type of home grown script
+ install development version of texi2any on rtems.org
    (in an easy to remove directory) so published output is
    using the latest tools.

I am leaning to accepting the empty bullet when using texi2html
and move ahead to texi2any so we are ready when it is more
common.

Comments?

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985