libbsd - BSP Bus Hook Up Help Please! :)

Tue Jul 3 18:10:47 UTC 2012

Hi

Jennifer and I have tracked the current problem down
to when the fxp driver attempts to alloc a bus resource.
It (correctly) gets to legacy_pcib_alloc_resource()
in pci_bus.c around line 541. That calls
bus_generic_alloc_resource() which (I think) fails because
there is no BSP Bus code hooked.

In the libbsdport code, the entire bus code was replaced
with code that only knew PCI. I think this code is sufficient
for now as our "generic BSP bus" code. But I can't seem
to figure out how the FreeBSD PC code set this up.

On top of that, we currently have the bus routines inlined
as memory access operations. That is wrong for x86.

I am sure we need a bus driver hooked in and we are missing
the link and magic.

Help appreciated.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985