ANN: sh-rtems4.11-gcc upgraded to gcc-4.7.1

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Jul 11 05:33:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

similarly as with the sparc*rtems4.11-gccs, I finally managed to hack
gcc-4.7.1 in ways it builds for sh-rtems4.11.

As usual, corresponding binary package can be found in the usual
locations below ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems.

The sources and patches can either be found in
http://git.rtems.org/rtems-crossrpms.git
or
ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/SOURCES/4.11/

So far, these toolchains are known to be able to build rtems4.11, but
have not seen any use on real hardware.

Please test them, if you can. Unless I receive reports on severe issues
with my patches, I intend to submit/apply them upstream. Otherwise, and
provided there don't seem to be active users of RTEMS on SHes, I am
leaning towards retiring and removing support for the sh-architecture in
RTEMS.

Ralf