[rtems commit] Merge branch 'master' of ssh://git.rtems.org/data/git/rtems

Wed Jul 18 13:39:27 UTC 2012

On 07/18/2012 12:50 AM, Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> Joel,
>
> just a note: These commit messages do not really look useful :-( We had
> that discussion before with different users, so please don't get me wrong...

I know. :(

Apparently git generates them when you merge a branch which has
no changes on it.  That seems broken to me.

I accidentally was on the wrong branch and couldn't figure out why
my changes (from another temporary branch) weren't showing up
on the master. The temporary branch I was on had no changes
and this is what got generated.

The other cases were stupid user errors. This was also but why
would git generate a message when there was really nothing
to do?

--joel