HEADSUP: Adding auto*generated files to rtems-4.11's git

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jul 25 12:42:31 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 02:32 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As mentioned several times before, I'll soon gradually add some more auto*tools
> generated source files (Makefile.in, configure, aclocal.m4) to the rtems-4.11
> source tree in git.

What is the benefit?  What happens if you switch to/from branches which don't
have these files?

PS:

After the addition of the bspopts.h.in files it is no longer possible (at least
on my machine) to add/remove/modify BSP options in the configure.ac file of a
BSP and use an existing build tree.  The re-configure run will create a
bspopts.h file with all options undefined.

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de