rtems-libbsd: Thoughts on Refactoring linkcmds.base

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jul 25 08:23:18 UTC 2012

On 07/25/2012 10:17 AM, Thomas Doerfler wrote:
> will there also be architecture specific linkcomds, which will collect
> sections defined by GCC? AFAIK, GCC defines different sections (and they
> change with GCC evolution) for each architecture, so IMHO it would be
> good to have separate linkcmds fragments for:
> - BSP specifics
> - GCC/architecture specifics
> - RTEMS specifics
>
> Any ideas on that?

I think the approach on ARM is sufficient.  Here we have one linkcmds.base for
all BSPs.

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/shared/startup/linkcmds.base

In this file it is trivial to include the linkcmds.rwrtems and linkcmds.rortems.

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de