How to measure memory used during program execution under rtems?

Fri Jun 22 21:51:33 UTC 2012

This is a more complicated question than you think. :)

+ in the tmtests, a bsp provided benchmark timer is used. This is intended to be the most accurate time measure on a board. This device is assumed to conflict with the clock tick source and the tmtests do not do any operations requiring a clock tick. They avoid causing interrupts while timing something.

+ Use any nanosecond time granularity directive. These have the problem that not many bsps have the nanoseconds since last clock tick feature so the times would be very sloppy.

+ Use simulator specific features.

For memory use, you would have to snapshot some stats at the beginning and end of the run. For most purposes, memory not freed is either a bug or global resource. For memory use, I assume you mean heap. For stack usage, there are services.

--joel