GSoC RTEMS compilation issues

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:03:31 UTC 2012

> Counterquestion: Which steps are required to make a BSP "para-virtualized"
> and how is such a BSP different from an "ordinary BSP".

I think the question is that the functions available on
cpukit/score/cpu/* are not required for a paravirtualized BSP (e.g.
Context_Switch, Interrupt Handling).

You can maybe protect those files with an "#ifdef
BSP_PROVIDES_CONTEXT_SWITCH" or something like that.
If these functions can be cpu independent system calls to the
hypervisor maybe defining an cpukit/score/cpu/paravirt is the best
option. You can think of it as an "virtual CPU" provided by the
hypervisor that is independent from the real architecture.

Regards,
Cláudio