GSoC 2012

Kevin Polulak kpolulak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:58:01 UTC 2012

Howdy,

My name is Kevin. I'm an undergraduate student and am very interested in
working with RTEMS this summer for Google Summer of Code 2012. This will be
my second GSoC. I love working with embedded systems programming and
operating systems. I've been looking through the wiki, RTEMS University,
Doxygen API documentation, etc. and RTEMS seems like a great project.

I am particularly interested in the ConfigKit and DBKit projects. Would
these projects require porting either libconfuse or cdb or would I be
packaging them like an RTEMS-equivalent .rpm or .deb? Is there someone in
particular I could talk to in order to find out a little more about these
projects?

What is the best way to stay in contact with the other developers? I've
been idling on IRC for the past few days and it doesn't seem like it's used
very much.

I'm really excited about becoming a potential member of the RTEMS
community. I look forward to brainstorming with some of you. :)

--
- Kevin Polulak (soh_cah_toa)