GSoC 2012

Wed Mar 21 11:24:17 UTC 2012

Hi

There is a port of an older LWIP version in my ftp directory of rtems.org. It was already old enough when I received it that the porting part wouldn't work directly with what was at that time the newest LWIP. I have heard hints of more recent LWIP uses with RTEMS but nothing submitted. The port has to end up in the official LWIP code.

Other requirements include it being very desirable to be able to use the same driver with either stack. And to be able to use vanilla existing LWIP drivers with RTEMS LWIP port but not the BSD stack.

I updated the TCP/IP stack update since you read it to reflect what has been done with that effort. The FreeBSD 8.2 USB stack does work with RTEMS and we are making progress of the TCP/IP portion of that code base.

LWIP port and running should not take all summer. It exists in an older, unmerged form. Adding on working on some of the stack upgrade activities such as how to update the existing drivers that are only in RTEMS and how to have a driver which works with both are good activities.

Look again at the TCP/IP upgrade description and see what smaller activities you could combine with LWIP port upgrade.  The new stack effort is in rtems-libbsd.git.

Ask questions as needed. This is active work and documentation and status reports trails code.

--joel