GSoC 2012

Julien Delange julien.delange at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 07:34:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Kevin Polulak <kpolulak at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll spend some time looking into the current state of the BSD stack
> project. I don't want to disappoint anybody but I'm a little unsure of
> whether I have enough knowledge about it to take it on as a project.

This is up to you and you can do also several proposal. My suggestion
was just based on a wondering about the long-term support of two
different tasks and seeing your work reused in other projects. As Joel
said, if you choose to contribute to the libbsd project, this is up to
you to put the boundaries in your proposal (on which part are you
willing to work, etc ...). On the other hand, contributing to a bigger
project with other people can also help you to learn new things (such
as NIC drivers development).

For example, you can work on the freebsd net stack to be executed with
QEMU/x86, integrate other architectures, etc ... Once again, I think
that the number of proposal can be very large, the limit is only your
imagination and the time.

And finally, applications are not yet open, so, you have time to write
proposal and keep in touch with us.

Best,