[rtems commit] 2011-03-02 Ralf Cors épius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org>

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Mar 2 19:51:57 UTC 2012

Am 02.03.2012 19:12, schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> On 03/02/2012 06:22 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> Please provide useful shortlog messages so that your commits do not
>> all look the same when viewed through the vc-list or git log and
>> related tools.
> Again, fix your crappy script!
>
>> If you feel compelled to include a ChangeLog in your
>> commit message that is fine as long as a useful shortlog appears
>> first.
>
> I do not intend to diverge a mu from what is established practice in
> GCC, binutils, newlib and what has been extabished practice in RTEMS for
> ca. 15 year.
>
> No regards,
>     Ralf

Ralf,

RTEMS is a ather slow moving project. Anyway if we stay in a tool
environment and a colaboration model that has been define d15 years ago,
we will be frozen and nonfuctional soon.

There had been many changes in the past, some of them requiring a
different way to use RTEMS and interact with the community. Therefore I
don't understand your attitude to simply ignore the changes that the
majority of the RTEMS community appreciates.

I remember situations where patches coming from me or my colleagues have
been rejected by you, because they did not conform to the formalites ad
requirements defined by the community.

Can you please explain why you now take the right to commit
non-conforming patches and instead insult other people?

with _kind_ regards,

Thomas.