GSoC 2012

Julien Delange julien.delange at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 19:57:39 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
> The main advantage is that it is small and gives you TCP/IP
> stack capabilities in a lower footprint.

I understand that point but on the other hand, can we afford to
maintain two network stacks ? In particular, these two stacks should
be compatible with the underlying drivers and testing/maintainance
efforts would be more consequent with two stacks. As the libbsd
project partly aims at providing a new stack, I am just wondering if a
GSOC project that would focus on some part of the libbsd project would
also make sense (with a clear definition of what should be
integrated/done). However, please do not take it hard : if there is a
clear reason/justification for having two separate stacks, let's go
:-)