getting arm920 work on QEMU

Tue Mar 27 21:36:10 UTC 2012

On 03/27/2012 04:23 PM, Hesham Moustafa wrote:
> I wanna get arm920 BSP to work on QEMU ,
> I tried that command but it results in a blank screen .
> qemu-system-arm -kernel hello.exe
>
> can anybody help ??
When you have a .exe, you have an RTEMS application
that is linked with a specific Board Support Package (BSP)
that is designed to support the very specific hardware
configuration you are running on.

(1) We do not know which BSP you built and linked hello.exe with.

(2) We do not know which hardware board, qemu-system-arm
is simulating. It can simulate multiple boards.

$ qemu-system-arm -M ?
Supported machines are:
integratorcp ARM Integrator/CP (ARM926EJ-S) (default)
versatilepb ARM Versatile/PB (ARM926EJ-S)
versatileab ARM Versatile/AB (ARM926EJ-S)
realview-eb ARM RealView Emulation Baseboard (ARM926EJ-S)
realview-eb-mpcore ARM RealView Emulation Baseboard (ARM11MPCore)
realview-pb-a8 ARM RealView Platform Baseboard for Cortex-A8
realview-pbx-a9 ARM RealView Platform Baseboard Explore for Cortex-A9
lm3s811evb Stellaris LM3S811EVB
lm3s6965evb Stellaris LM3S6965EVB
connex     Gumstix Connex (PXA255)
verdex     Gumstix Verdex (PXA270)
akita      Akita PDA (PXA270)
spitz      Spitz PDA (PXA270)
borzoi     Borzoi PDA (PXA270)
terrier    Terrier PDA (PXA270)
tosa       Tosa PDA (PXA255)
sx1        Siemens SX1 (OMAP310) V2
sx1-v1     Siemens SX1 (OMAP310) V1
cheetah    Palm Tungsten|E aka. Cheetah PDA (OMAP310)
n800       Nokia N800 tablet aka. RX-34 (OMAP2420)
n810       Nokia N810 tablet aka. RX-44 (OMAP2420)
mainstone  Mainstone II (PXA27x)
musicpal   Marvell 88w8618 / MusicPal (ARM926EJ-S)
syborg     Syborg (Symbian Virtual Platform)
vexpress-a9 ARM Versatile Express for Cortex-A9
collie     Collie PDA (SA-1110)

(3) You would have to find an RTEMS BSP that matches
one of those supported by qemu.

I have seen the connex run and think one of the lm3s has
been used with RTEMS. There may be others that work.

But you have to match the two carefully.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985