rtems-libbsd: libalias - Multiply defined symbols

Wed May 2 15:10:07 UTC 2012

Hi

I tried to see what the entire set of undefined symbols
was in libbsd.a starting with this command to turn the
library file into an archive with all internal references
resolved

powerpc-rtems4.11-ld -r -o joel.rel --whole-archive libbsd.a

The above command reports a number of multiply defined
symbols from libalias. 8 files in our tree have a structure
like this:

struct proto_handler handlers [] = {

The files are:

./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_dummy.c
./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_nbt.c
./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_irc.c
./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_cuseeme.c
./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_smedia.c
./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_ftp.c
./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_pptp.c
./freebsd/netinet/libalias/alias_skinny.c

I think these are intended to be defined as modules and
used that way so the duplicate symbol can't occur.  Any thoughts
on what to do with these for RTEMS?

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985