Ralf's Remove CVS Id Commits

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri May 4 15:07:08 UTC 2012

Ralf,

Am 04.05.2012 16:44, schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
> On 05/04/2012 04:10 PM, Thomas Doerfler wrote:
>>
>> These changes belong together. Nobody wants this change to be done in
>> one BSP and NOT done in a different one.
> Did you actually have a look into the patches?

Yes and no. I read some at the beginning, some in the middle and some at
the end of your two patch sequences. I saw that each patch performs
similar modifications for different directories or dir trees. I saw that
you have committed separate patches with similar changes for each BSP or
group of BSPs.

I am sure you don't want the community to inspect each patch separately?
I assume that the goal/intention of each patch is quite silimar. Am I
right here? Or do they have different goals/intentions?

>> Maybe you should get familiar with the idea that git does apply patches
>> in an atomic way and not in a uncorrelated file-by-file basis as CVS
>> does.
>
> The mashing up of the commit messages wasn't done by CVS. It was the
> tool being used to produce the commit messages, which was polling at 1
> hour intervals and glueing together independent commits.

Why did you let it glue independent commits? Chances are quite high that
these changes should be applies either completely or not at all, so in
my opinion they belong together in one patch.

wkr,

Thomas.

> Ralf

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9