Adding autoheader generated files to git

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu May 24 04:31:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

As mentioned briefly in another thread, I intend to gradually add the
generated sources to git.

In an initial (moderately experimental) step I am going to add the
autoheader generated source files to git:
- bspopts.h.in
- config.h.in

Theoretically, this step should be entirely transparent to users, except
that there is a possiblity of facing conflicts upon "git pulls/checkout"
in existing git checkout after these were added to git.

In this case try
./bootstrap -c
git pull
./bootstrap

  If your checkout does not contain any modifications, git should not
report any differences.

  If your checkout contains modifications, you may see reports on
"untracked files" and new diffs.

Ralf