rtems-libbsd - timeout panic

Thu May 31 21:30:57 UTC 2012

Hi

Jennifer and I have reached the SI_SUB_PROTO_BEGIN
(0x80000000) stage of initialization and this appears to
be the point where we think that (haven't confirmed) the
first call to timeout() is made.

We are hitting the panic around line 539 which appears
to be the point where we are pulling a free callout
structure from a list.  It is returning NULL.

There are two tuning parameters ncallouts (16) and
callwheelsize (0).

We stepped through callout_cpu_init() and have ensured
kern_timeout_callwheel_alloc() is being called.

Any hints on where to look next are definitely appreciated.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985