RFC: Removing $Id$

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed May 2 18:59:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
> On 5/2/2012 1:26 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>>
>> A quick inspection shows there is also:
>> //    $Id$
>>
>> /*   $Id$     */
>
> I can see these.
>
>> $Id$ showing up all by itself
>>
>> | $Id$
>
> An assembly file?

./c/src/libchip/display/disp_hcms29xx.c:|  $Id$
./c/src/libchip/display/font_hcms29xx.c:|  $Id$
./c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/timer/timerisr.S:|  $Id$
./c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/startup/ldsegs.S:|  $Id$

I also found:
./c/src/lib/libbsp/sparc/leon3/startup/bspdelay.c: *  $Id
./c/src/lib/libbsp/sparc/leon2/startup/bspdelay.c: *  $Id
./c/src/lib/libbsp/m68k/mrm332/startup/start_c.c: *  $Id

>> And $Id$ used as part of a macro c.f. ./cpukit/pppd/utils.c:#define RCSID
>>       "$Id$"
>
> PPPD is a third party utility. We would have to be careful on that one.

That one repeats a few times in pppd.