Continuous Integration - rtbf64c

Fri May 4 20:24:33 UTC 2012

To reiterate why we need continuous integration and test.
I have discovered that the head does not build when C++
is enabled on any powerpc BSP and that all of the mptests
had broken Makefile.am files.

I fixed the mptest Makefile.am files and have committed that.

I do not know the best way to address the powerpc C++ issue
and will post a separate message on that.

If we had continuous integration testing on both RTEMS itself
and on the toolsets, these breakages would have been detected
when they occurred. We would have addressed them when
the immediate cause was known.  I am lucky that neither was
too difficult to track down. One was clearly an RTEMS
bug and the other was due to a change in the toolset.

I think together they emphasize the importance of continuous
integration testing and why we need it.

We need the resources dedicated to doing this.