Generated files in Git

Wed May 16 13:54:59 UTC 2012

On 05/16/2012 08:49 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 05/16/2012 03:41 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

>>> Definitely no. Similar to Makefile.ins, bspopts.h.in, rpcgen-generted
>>> files, files are generated sources and should be part of the VCS.
>> Makefile.in's are not part of the RTEMS git repository. Are you
>> saying that they should be Ralf?
>>
> Correct. They are generated sources and should be part of the VCS.
>
> Like any other generated sources, they are supposed to be only
> updated/modified, when their sources change.
Any particular reason you haven't proposed adding a set
of files to git if this is the case?

We just had a thread about the problems of switching
branches and bootstrapping and this was not brought up.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985