RTEMS in Pok analysis questions

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Wed May 30 18:03:26 UTC 2012

I beleive that an RTEMS partition running on top of POK should be a
black box from POK's perspective. The configuration of the RTEMS'
tasks are a matter for the RTEMS' configuration and not for POK's
configuration. Additionally the partition shall be exclusive to RTEMS,
so no POK native tasks should be allowed in that particular partition
(at least for now...).
I think the context switch in the RTEMS-partition will have to be
implemented through a POK system call. This should also be true for
other hypervisors, therefore this "access point" shall be abstracted.

Regards,
Cláudio