[rtems commit] score: Add RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_APPLICATION

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Nov 16 08:26:25 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 07:54 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>
>> score: Add RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_APPLICATION
>>

> This seems wrong because the file is ...
>
>>   cpukit/score/include/rtems/score/interr.h
>
> .. and that name means internal error and ...
>
>> +   * @brief Fatal source for application specific errors.
>> +   *
>> +   * The fatal code is application specific.
>> +   */
>> +  RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_APPLICATION,
>> +
>
> adding application or non-internal errors to the Internal_errors_Source enum
> seems wrong.

This enum is part of the public interface since day one of the user extensions.
  My addition of new name spaces for error codes (source) is backward
compatible.  Since we have one enum type that propagates through the interfaces
we see the symbolic name in the debugger.

> Why are you adding non-internal errors to the internal error list ?

This is not an internal error.  It is a fatal error source.  The source defines
the name space for error codes, e.g. the internal errors
(Internal_errors_Core_list).

> What is the use case ?

Add a new name space for error codes that are application specific.

> The same goes for the other additions.
>
> Also the comment in the doxygen section of the file states ...
>
> *  This handler encapsulates functionality which provides the foundation
> *  Semaphore services used in all of the APIs supported by RTEMS.
>
> .. which is a little confusing for an internal header file. Cut and paste error
> in the past ?

Yes, copy and paste from the past.  My recent patches didn't change this.

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de