[rtems commit] score: Add RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_POWERPC_EXCEPTION

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Nov 22 07:46:13 UTC 2012

On 11/21/2012 10:39 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> There is similar code for the x86.

Yes, we should add this step by step.

> Why is there a generic constant name with a processor name in it?
> This seems like something that should be in a CPU specific path
> or use a more general name and the CPU/BSP can provide the
> specific handler which takes a void * which is the exception frame
> pointer.

The exception frame of the PowerPC is currently not in the cpukit.  I think a
CPU port specific name makes only sense if the CPU port defines a common type, e.g.

   RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXCEPTION

   typedef struct {
     [...]
   } CPU_Exception_frame;

   typedef CPU_Exception_frame rtems_exception_frame;

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de