Read-write configuration data

Claus, Ric claus at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 8 19:00:40 UTC 2012

So long as what you mean by read-only can be overridden in a controlled way when needed, I have no objection.  If, however, you are intending to move toward compiled-in literals, then I am not in favor.  Ideally, all configuration constants would reside in some sort of database object, the contents of which could easily be recorded at run time.  This would be useful for gaining confidence in the ability to correctly reproduce past situations.

Ric