Newlib HEAD + FILE streams

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Nov 29 08:13:47 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 04:59 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Is there a suitable fix to push upstream?

No, not yet - This is all too new and has not been properly been
addressed nor reported upstream, yet.

As mentioned before, I resorted to reverting the corresponding upstream
change, when having noticed it had silently sneaked into newlib without
prior discussion or review (I would have spoken up, otherwise).

My advice: Use the newlib-1.20.0+RTEMS patches. There are many more
issues and surprises lurking in newlib-CVS, which users, who aren't
sufficiently familiar with newlib and GCC are likely to stumble over.

Ralf